Hello, I am NeKenge. Well Sunday was a free day for us. This morning we had the chance to attend the service at the Faith Lutheran church, which are the kind people that let us lodge for free. It was a new experience for some. Some got the chance to have coffee at Starbucks and get to know each other a little bit better. After we all got back together, we headed out for our sight-seeeing tour.
We first went to the St. Louis Union Station. It was really nice. I was kind of bummed that it was not a real mall per say, as much as it was a souvenir store. Although there were a lot of shoe stores inside. There was a lot of nice things that could be bought to take back home. That is maybe the point, to lock us in with all of the shoe stores at the front (who doesnt love a good shoe store, lol) and then get us at the back and we leave with bags of St. Louis souvenirs. Ok........... still daydreaming about shoes, I'm sorry. There was also a Fudgery inside. That's a fudge bakery. It was really fun because they sang to us and gave us free fudge. Of course we had to promise to always buy fudge, but what's the sacrifice of a lifetime of snickers for a 2 second taste of free fudge?
After we left the station, we went to this famous Cathedral next to the Arch. We all went inside, took a couple of pictures then headed towards the Arch. I, personally have been up in the Arch about a hundred times so I opted to remain on ground level and look at the exhibits. Banks and Joel stayed down also. While I was walking around, they were going on their own little trips. They went to Africa and some place where it was snowing. At least thats what they told me. I saw the pictures, but only Joel's were believable. After the rest of the group came down, we all went outside and took like a thousand pictures before heading to the park.
At the park, I think we had more fun than the little children. We were hanging from monkey bars and playing on the seesaw. We even had the chance to be on a live Illinois show called "Healthy Living." That was really cool especially when Tokela fell right when the camera got on her. We all laughed and enjoyed our two minutes of fame, then we headed back to our temporary living area.
We all are in groups to cook each night. And my group consisted of myself, Banks and Erica.
It was our turn to show off our wonderful cooking skills, so we baked a gourmet pizza and fries. So much for the cooking skills huh...Lol
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment